Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hump Day

Man this week has really flown by... it's been kinda crazy though I suppose. My mom and I have been brainstorming on a few new ideas for things to put in our stores. She has some really amazing headbands that she hand embroidered with Hannah's name. They are super cute! She hasn't listed them on Etsy yet, but will be pretty soon. I'll include some pictures below. Other than doing some planning with my mom I haven't been doing much crafting. I did make a little felt owl clippy that turned out really adorable. Mostly I've been listing some Gymboree clothing on eBay... check it if you're interested. I went a little crazy when they put the Petite Mademoiselle stuff on sale... and didn't really consider whether or not my *sparkle queen* would wear it. I shoulda known better... its not pink *sigh* But at least now I get to list whole outfits on eBay!




I spent the weekend working on a couple of baskest for Hannah's schools silent auction tomorrow night. They turned out SUPER cute so I decide to list one on Etsy. It is a customizable basket which includes a headband and hair bow OR a headband and bottle cap necklace. The buyer gets to chose everything... from the ribbon and basket colors to the image on the bottle cap. It's listed here and I've got a special deal for twin girls :D I was really impressed with how great it came out! They looked amazing. I can't wait to see how they do at the silent auction tomorrow!

The field trip last Friday was SO much fun!! It took me 2+ hours to upload all the pictures on to myspace!! LMAO... well at least the computer did freeze. That would have sucked! It was great though... educational AND fun. Part of it was called Arkansas Frontier Land. They had several people dressed in era clothing who talked about Native Americans, one room school houses, and even about life in generally then. They even had an outhouse (not a real one... just for show) set up to show the kids. Of course by the time we got over there, the kids weren't too surprised. We'd already been to the Porta-Potties and had to explain them to the kids. Hannah was SO funny. She was like I'm supposed to go in here?! EWWWW!!! She cracked me up! The rest of it was all fun and games. There was a hayride, petting zoo, pumpkin patch so they could pick their own pumpkin, a place they could *mine* for gold and jewels, dig for dinosaurs, and a duck race! It was really a cool place! Definately worth the 6 bucks to get in! This weekend we may go to Peebles Farm and do the corn maze and hayride there. I went last year with my kindergarten class and it was really cool. Those corn mazes really a*maze* me... how in the world people figure out how to do that... I'll never know.


0 comments:

Search This Blog